Monday, December 3, 2012

Beautiful Blue ~ Overo paint mustang


Beautiful Blue ~ 12" x 16" oil on Raymar panel
For Sale on Daily Paintworks BID NOW

Isn't he gorgeous? I've always had a fascination with blue-eyed animals. They are so rare yet so striking. I designed this guy with dramatic light to accentuate that blue eye...
Like I've probably already mentioned at least a dozen times, I used to be completely infatuated with horses. I started drawing them when I was six, I owned one by the time I was twelve, and she was my best friend. A chestnut purebred Quarter Horse named Miss Peeti Poco...I just called her Peeti. I drew her so many times that by the time I was a teen I could draw an anatomically correct horse, muscles, veins and all, with my eyes closed. I think I drew horses so much, that by the time I left home, I actually got sick of it, and started drawing people.  My horse passed away 12 years ago, and I miss her still. It has been years since I really spent any time with horses, or any time drawing them but lately my love has been rekindled. I have the opportunity to take up riding again, and also to get some great photo references. So expect at least a few more horses on here!

3 comments:

  1. Saw your bio on ArtPromotive......love your horses, which I also paint and have for years. Good luck!
    You can find me here if you like: www.theequinest.com/mary-armstrong/

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)