Monday, May 21, 2012

Once upon a time, there was a hungry bear...

So...I should have known better...really...I'm a Taurus, and I'm not sure if this has anything to do with it or not, but...Ever since I was little, every time someone has tried to make me do something, whether I may have possibly wanted to do it or not, I dig in my heels and resist. The more they push me, the more I definitely DO NOT want to do it. Even if I may have started out kind of wanting to...
Anyways, my point is, I told myself..."You are going to paint 100 paintings in 100 days", and myself, in typical Tahirih fashion (although, I might add, I kinda wanted to) dug in her heels and decided that anything else would be better than painting 100 paintings in 100 days!
The first week went fine, I was enjoying myself, squinting away quite happily, and then something happened. Inspiration.
But it had nothing to do with painting from life. In fact, it had nothing to do with painting from a photograph.
Like I said, I should have known! My grown-up me says "you're going to paint real things, from life!" and my child me says "No way...I want to paint...from my IMAGINATION!" Add a little foot stomp there for emphasis, lol! I don't really know why this is happening. I don't generally get inspired by my imagination...I'm usually moaning about my lack of it, and drooling over everyone elses beautiful, imaginary scenes. Anyways, here is the result. I put it on a black background so you could see the edge of the paper...BTW, I promise I'll get back to my 100 paintings soon!



10 comments:

  1. this is exactly why I try not to set challenges like that to myself, I know I will revolt and become stubborn about doing them. Your fantasy painting is a wonderful result of your resistance though! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was the only one who was like that. lol Great post and painting. I love the bear and the fish coming off the page, and the colors are great too! You should do what makes you happy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your imagination came through in this case! I love the way that fish is swimming right over the edge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forget about the agenda--just wake up and say What do I want to paint today? and then do it! I LOVE this--looks like something to accompany a great folk or fairy tale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forget about the agenda--just wake up and say What do I want to paint today? and then do it! I LOVE this--looks like something to accompany a great folk or fairy tale.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh...I love your imagination! Wonderful image with great colors! And yes, I am like that too. It seems that just the act of making that goal somehow keeps me from accomplishing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You teach us so much with each painting. The simplicity of this is wonderful and imagination is great.

    Hawaiian Paintings

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it. It's cute, fun, very soothing and lovely to look at. It seems to move and you want to follow the fish as they flee! Great work, it feels like you really had fun making it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you guys so much for all the wonderful comments!! I'm really flattered...yes, Melliot...I'm going to take your advice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the patient look on the bear's face. Beautiful design. Love your moo-cow too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)