Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Grizzly Dreams

Grizzly Dreams (Please click to see big...it looks WAY better:)

This idea came to me in about 30 seconds while I was reading a book about blogging..???
I have no idea where it came from. I don't think that I was thinking about bears...It was more like, "A blog header should be 692 pix, by 190 pix...wow, that would be a cool painting!"  I did a lightning fast sketch so I wouldn't forget, and kept reading my book. I didn't actually get to the painting for a few days. 
This sort of depicts Bella Coola, where I live, but no particular scene. There's a Nuxalk village, with totem poles, really high, snow-capped mountains, salmon in the rivers, and lots of grizzly bears.
So...the urge to paint from my imagination has passed...there's no more imaginary scenes fighting to get out of my confusing little brain, so I'm back to my 100 paintings. Today I painted an interesting bottle/vase from life. It's square, with a flower shaped opening...hmmm...maybe it is a vase...
And, I also painted a cow...to go with the farming/back to the land/natural living series of gallery paintings I'm working on. They will all be posted within the next few days.
These last two fun little illustrations will be posted as prints for sale on Etsy soon, as well, as soon as I get some more paper...
Talk to ya' tomorrow.
Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Isn't that how all great ideas come into being, by thinking about something else? Love this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice, I really like your illusrtation style and the whole flow to the bear paintings (how the grass and the sky has this wonderful moment to it... About how you found teh idea for it, I sometime do that too, Im in a meeting, reading or sitting on hold and they out of nowhere this idea just pops up... Love it!!!

    Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for the comment, alwasy love reading what people think of my work or anything I write really : )

    Cheers,

    Mari

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)