Sunday, April 1, 2012

Grizzly Bear portrait and painting demonstration



Too Close and Very Afraid ~ 16" x 20" oil on canvas
$1200.00





It's bear season once again! They'll soon be lumbering down the mountain from their chilly dens to eat the newly blossoming skunk cabbage that is finally starting to bloom. I have yet to see one awake this year, but the sunshine and the promise of a beautiful summer filled with our exotic wildlife inspired me to paint this guy. Here's your chance to have your very own "too close for comfort" encounter with one of the world's most impressive creatures!



8 comments:

  1. It looks awesome! I really enjoyed looking at the process

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic!
    What a wonderful painting.
    We don't get many bears walking around in England - well none actually.
    Amazing painting!
    Stew.
    stewcrowther.wordpress.com
    _________________________

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great painting, he looks really mean...I would be terrified to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the great feedback, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! When I moved to Idaho, the one thing I was afraid of was bears! People would point out that we have alligators in Texas. But alligators you can run from! ...I would not want to see this guy behind me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that your art is so wonderful,just a really great joy to see such fine work...Marcus Thompson

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)