Tuesday, April 24, 2012

24" x 36" oil on canvas ~ Wading Grizzly (title ideas...please?)

I suppose I should have given this one a bit more thought before I posted it, but I can not for the life of me, think of a good title right now. If anyone has any brilliant ideas, please let me know! Lol!
I'm finished!...the paint was still wet when I hung it in the show, but it was definitely a hit with everyone. I was very happy to be finished in time.
This was my first time working with Liquin, using it for what it was meant to do. I tried it once before, on an alla prima painting, and it just frustrated me, so I didn't try it again for a long time. After a bit of research, I realized that it is meant for fine detail work, to help the paint dry faster. It is what enabled me to actually paint layers of fur, and not have to wait for days for it to dry. Previously, I've only used acrylic for wildlife work, but I don't really like acrylic. Let's just say, our personalities clash! So my Liquin discovery is a blessing!
Voila!
PS: I also have quite a few new prints available. This one will be available soon,  at a size of 12" x 18", so check my shop often. Click HERE to check out my available prints on Etsy.
Cheers!



1 comment:

  1. Great work on the water and ripples, not sure about a title..how about 'Taking a Dip'?
    Your paintings look really good together at the art show, congratulations on the sales :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)