Monday, October 3, 2011

West Coast Native American Dancer Portrait

"Light Dancer II"
9" x 12" oil on canvas
©2011 Tahirih Goffic

This is a commissioned piece that I finished recently, for a lovely German couple I met this summer. They saw and purchased another painting of mine, Light Dancer, at the Eagle Lodge, and were eager to meet me and see more of my work. They wanted another painting, to accompany the one they had bought, and gave me pretty much free rein. That is the kind of commission I love! I was able to come up with my own idea, and only had to keep to a certain color scheme. They are happy with the finished product and so am I. I don't really have a great name for it...any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. Looks great! Maybe you could incorporate the name of his tribe into the name of the painting.

    Other than that, I'm not sure. I'm sure you'll come up with something though! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)