Tuesday, October 4, 2011

"At the seaside" -- sand dollars

Sand Dollar - 4" x 6" watercolor
©Tahirih Goffic, 2011


I was fiddling around with my new Windsor and Newton watercolors the other night, with an idea for a gift tag for a special order and I came up with this little image. I've always been fascinated with Sand Dollars and their simplicity and beauty and they remind me of playing with my daughter at the seaside, on our special trip to Tofino. This one looks better bigger, so please click away! 
I'm planning on doing a set of seaside/seashell themed gift cards for my shop, so keep your eyes peeled:)


7 comments:

  1. This is so soft and pretty! It reminds me of something you would see in a love song video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful, I enlarged it for a better look. I love the textures and movement in this painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sand dollars, too. You did a great job with this. It's delicate and lovely. nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the bubbles in the foam, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for your inspiring comments, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these paintings are so wonderful in coler and in design to i love it

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)