Friday, June 17, 2011

What I drew today


Sketches: Friday, June 17, 2011

So, this is what I did today. I had every intention of painting "en plein aire" today, and even packed up my easel, paint, a canvas, snacks and water...I was ready to go. My intended destination was Clayton Falls, a gorgeous waterfall just past Bella Coola. I headed to town, leaving in the bright, warm sunshine, and the closer I got to the falls, the worse the weather was. I was dressed for hot sunny day, and by the time I got there it was cold and windy. Too cold to paint in what I was wearing. So, headed back up the valley towards home, and lo and behold, by the time I got back up here it was warm and sunny. (We have a few different eco-systems here in this valley) So I stopped by my friends, Holly and Fraser's hotel, The Bella Coola Mountain Lodge...formerly known as the Coast Mountain Lodge and also the Brockton Inn, and enjoyed sipping green tea, playing with their adorable cats, and sketching from their back deck in the glorious sunshine.

5 comments:

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)