Monday, June 20, 2011

Barkerville Blacksmith

Barkerville Blacksmith 20" x 24" oil on canvas  $1400.00

I've been working on this painting on and off for ages, and I finally put the finishing touches (i think) on it a few minutes ago. I was so anxious to share, I photographed it right away, and came down to the studio to upload it for y'all! If there's anything that totally bugs you, or needs to be fixed...I appreciate and welcome constructive criticism, but for now, to me, I don't see any doozies. That might change in a few hours, though, lol!


13 comments:

  1. Wow! I bet you are glad that you persevered!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again another amazing painting!!! I always get excited when I see you have a new post because I know I'm about to see something awesome:)wonderful skills you have!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! that is really impressive. Congrats on finishing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It came out great. As a fellow British Columbian I got a kick out of seeing the reference to Barkerville.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks great, I like the heat reflected in his face and the spitting fire!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the finished product, though perhaps a change to nose wouldn't hurt the painting. I think the architectural details to the fire are simply exquisite also. I praise you for your beautiful marksmanship!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really impressive! Great subject, awesome painting!
    You really have great talent, and I love how varied your posts are, with many subjects and styles - there's even a cake, and what a cool cake :)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous painting. You have created the perfect atmosphere with colour and light.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks really great. I don't see any "doozies" and like the subject. It's different and interesting.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)