Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Queen Kitty

2.5" x 3.5" oil on canvas paper

This is just one of the many, many aceo's I painted from last week. I paint about two a day to sell on ebay, and I do fairly well. The problem is that it takes so much time away from the art that I want to paint.
How does one reconcile the need to paint what one is passionate about, and the need to make a living? Anyone have any suggestions?
 I don't want to go back to being a restauranteur, I don't want a receptionist job...I want to paint...but right now, these cards are my only income, and I certainly don't want to spend the rest of my life painting pint size kitties and horses. Grrrr!!!

2 comments:

  1. Great kitty!
    As for the commercial vs art you want to make, I think the best you can do is try and slot in some time for the art that intrigues you more. In between making cards, you could take brief moments of time to gradually finish a project.

    Or you could try and sell a lot of cards and then take a vacation from that to focus on your other art. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cat. I love the tonal values and the perspective. Very nice :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)