Friday, May 20, 2011

Another Magnolia

My Magnolia 6" x 6" oil on canvas panel

I know...another magnolia, but my tree is blooming, and I'm completely enamoured with it it right now. I love magnolia trees. I'm baffled by the huge blossoms, like some tropical flower. Their smell, so much like the sweetest tulips, and how the petals litter the ground like fragrant snow. I remember clearly the first time I saw one...I was probably already 12 or so, and had never seen anything like it. I don't think they grow in Quesnel.  I was in Kelowna, walking down my grandpa's street, and the neighbour had one that was blooming. I remember standing and staring...the neighbour probably thought I was off my rocker. :)
This one will be going on ebay Sunday, May 22, at around 6.
Bye for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)