Friday, April 29, 2011

Flamenco dancer

"Bonita" 6 x 6 oil on canvas (New photo)

This has been a fun little series for me. It's neat to explore a set color scheme and subject matter, and see how many ways you can find to fill it. I have to thank Aline Salazar on Flickr for her wonderful reference photos. I have changed it to suit my own tastes, but I got the idea from her.
This photo is horrible, unfortunately. I can't seem to photograph anything with dark backgrounds successfully, and the contrast is a bit off. It hasn't picked up the richness of the colors of her flesh, either, but oh well. I've tried to tweak it in photoshop, to no avail. We do what we can with what we have! At least the expressiveness is there. This will be up for sale on ebay on Sunday night, 6 pm PST.

6 comments:

  1. Great painting! The woman looks great!...Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful painting, I like how it shows the transparencies of the fan she's holding ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this series. The colors, brushstrokes and form are very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!! Her expression looks playful but intense.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much, everybody, for your great comments!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this, period.
    www.dailyoilpaintings.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)