Friday, March 11, 2011

The Snow Queen

The Snow Queen ~ 12" x 16" oil on canvas
NFS

Another one of my daughter, Rhiannon, lol! I just can't stop painting my kids:)  
We went for a walk in Saloompt Forest Trails the other day. It was a beautiful sunny day, and the sun was filtering down through the gorgeous, old growth cedar trees.  It is really beautiful there, but it got quite messed up from the flood in September. A lot of debris everywhere. My husband snapped the photo for this and I was immediately taken by it. Her expression is mysterious, like the forest, and the dappled sun on snow was so eye-catching. I just had to paint it! Finally...I painted this one loose enough! YAY! I did it, I did it...Hooray! I love this painting, what can I say!
It looks way better in real life, and of course better bigger...click on the image for a larger view.

10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful painting! The texture of her coat is especially well done. You should be very proud of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous painting! I can see why you would be so happy about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the detail on the coat. Fantastic painting and yes mysterious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! The coat looks so inviting on that kind of day. Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful painting! Your daughter is so cute - and the texture of her coat is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course you love this - it is wonderful! Congratulations - you have created a family heirloom!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrific work - the texture of the coat, the light, her face ... everything is just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Parabens, muito linda!
    http://mulheresemintimidade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Tahirih,

    I doubt very much that if this was one of my paintings, I could ever part with it - it be something I would treasure forever. You must be very proud of this painting (and your beautiful daughter).
    Just going to go have another look then go have a think about throwing my brushes in the bin. Maybe I should take up knitting...

    Stew.
    elasticunicorn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)