Thursday, February 17, 2011

Mending the Nets

Mending the Nets - 9" x 12" oil on canvas  $225.00
(Click on image to view bigger)

This is what I've been working on for the last week or so. I also have a sketch done in my Travel Journal, but it is needing some color...and I've done a bunch of ACEO's, too.
This picture is really about Bella Coola's history. The building is the old cannery net loft. It has long been abandoned, but used to be a huge part of the industry here. The inset is from the Bella Coola archives, it is a Nuxalk woman mending the nets...I love this view of the net loft. I have about fifty photos of it, in all different weather, and times of day. I live in such a beautiful place!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work! you are very talented. Blessings, Joanne

    10minutes2breathe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)