Thursday, January 6, 2011

She's Got Talent

She's Got Talent -- for the Sketchbook Project

Whenever I see my children creating, with that intense look of concentration on their face, and their afficionado pose, I'm reminded of Nancy Guzik's gorgeous work," Lucas Painting."


And...it also makes me want to attempt to create something even a fraction as beautiful as she does it! This attempt (well, not even an attempt, really) was for the sketchbook, so it's not great, but one of these days I'm going to do it! 
As for the picture I did, Rhiannon was so cute tonight...instructing me how to color it, and "MOM, you forgot to paint my band-aid!"
                                     

16 comments:

  1. You captured the moment beautifully, sorry haven't caught up for a while but now relaxing after posting the sketchbook. Great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. You draw the most beautiful children! It must help that you know your children's faces so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your painting is as wonderful to me. She looks so angelic and is concentrating so much - and obviously enjoying the activity.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful, I'd love to have something like that of my kids. (They're 20 & 15 so a bit late now!) Keep going.... not far now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family has exchanged gifts in years. Seeing children open their gifts though...that does bring back some great memories! Lovely sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just stumbled across your blog and fell in love with your work! This is absolutely beautiful. I'm a new follower.

    Meara at Not Twenty-Seven Yet
    (I love getting followers!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also, I just awarded you the Stylish Blogger Award! Check it out here. Of course, if you don't do awards, that's ok too :)

    Meara at Not Twenty-Seven Yet

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so very precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your sketch/painting of your little delight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wonderfull drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! Thanks for all the wonderful feedback! And Meara, I feel so honored for the award, thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful similarities, but most of all, you've captured the strongest and most attractive feature of a person like you said...concentration. =) I am sure your daughter will appreciate this when she grows up and look back

    ReplyDelete
  13. oooh! i love this!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)