Saturday, December 11, 2010

Read Me a Story

Read Me a Story -- 8"x10" oil on canvas

You've all seen this image before, if you've been following, but I loved how the sketch turned out so much that I wanted to turn it into a painting. This started out as a color study, but I ended up liking where it was going, so I finished it. It may turn into a larger painting one day...who knows. This feels pretty finished to me, though. I really focused on staying loose, except in the focal point, and I feel like it is a pretty successful painting, which is unusual for me. I usually hate everything once it's finished. But maybe I'm on a roll. I've liked the last two, as well! Yay...I think I may be unblocked! I haven't done a large painting, yet though, so that is the next challenge.
Anyways, ciao for now...

6 comments:

  1. You have good reason to be happy with this! It's such a sweet painting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic! Their expressions are so natural, relaxed and they are obviously engrossed in the book. No wonder you are happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely painting. I can tell you paint 'almost daily' because all that practice shows up on the canvas. Time well spent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you like it, because it is so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another wonderful illustration. Gorgeous! These are memories that you will hold in your heart forever. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)