Monday, December 6, 2010

The "Old-Time Hat"

The Old-Time Hat -- 8"x10" oil on canvas NFS

This was my son's favorite hat for a while. We got it at Barkerville, an historic gold-mining village in Northern B.C. where they re-enact the history. He loves it there, and he calls this hat his "Old-Time Hat".
This is another painting I finished yesterday in a few hours. I'm really focusing on being loose and painterly, and not thinking to much. It seems like if I can mostly keep my head out of my art and use my intuition, it turns out better. I still try to keep "the rules" in mind, but in the back somewhere...:)









5 comments:

  1. This is so good!! I love this! Great hat. And I love the way his nose peaks out to catch a little sun. You should paint more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely, I like the story of the hat, I think it would be my favourite too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! This little boy looks very sweet, love his shy smile and big hat!
    You're so talented, your drawings and paintings are full of life and feelings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. aMAZing! I just love your style and the subjects and how they turn out. I am definitely a fan. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)