Sunday, December 5, 2010

Festival Days

Festival Days 8"x10" 
oil on canvas panel NFS

This is one of my most recent paintings. When it comes to painting, lately, I have been very discouraged and uninspired. I had a really busy summer doing shows and teaching workshops, and as good as that sounds, it really took something away from my art and I feel like I haven't produced anything very good in quite a while. Every painting feels overworked and exhausted before it is finished. Sooooo....I decided to work on materials I didn't care about, so my intention wouldn't be selling, with my beautiful kids as my subject matter, so I wouldn't want to sell...and I whipped off this one in a few hours. I had a hard start, as I was still fighting that "block", and I wiped her off about four times, before I finally committed, but I'm really happy with how it turned out. I still feel like I could have gotten a bit looser, but, maybe next time:)

8 comments:

  1. This is beautiful!

    I really like the art with your kids in it.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! Beautifully painted, and I like the unique subject matter (including the ice cream). And "whipping it off in a few hours" - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course you won't part with it!
    I think it's difficult to paint 'to order', I personally freeze. Now I just do what pleases me and if someone likes it enough to buy it..great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! I keep thinking about how fabulous it will be to have them for the children. Lots of love evident in this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's adorable! I think it is a great painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this. The oversized hat and that ice cream cone are just so much part of being a kid. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)