Friday, November 26, 2010

Once Upon a Time

  Once Upon a Time -- for Sketchbook Project

Wow, I can't believe it's been almost a week since I last posted. That's not like me. Well, my life just got silly busy. I'm catering for the road crew that's repairing the damage after the flood, and I'm working on a large painting, and I'm designing my necklace/pendants for the Etsy shop. I didn't manage to get into the craft fair this year. I was too busy cooking for hungry pavers.
But, here are my munchkins, again:) Jacob is reading his sister a bedtime story.
Maybe I'll just dedicate the rest of this sketchbook to them. The only crappy thing is that I have to send it away!  I spent a bit of extra time on this one. I'm trying to sketch using painterly concepts, and I think this would make a great painting if I could just force myself to stay simple. I tend to get caught up in the details, and try to finish backgrounds, and I want to break myself of that habit and stay painterly. I'm really happy with this one. I wish I could keep it.

10 comments:

  1. Love your blog. Your sketches of your sweet babies are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is truly delightful. I can imagine that it will be difficult to say goodbye to your wonderful boko of memories when the project is finished. But it will give lots of joy to the other people who look though it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would want to keep it, too! It's beautiful. nancy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your children are so sweet! Wonderful drawing, with great subjects ^^ and beautiful lines.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful and special drawing! It would be lovely as a painting. Wonderful blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous work! Expressions are beautiful ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful page, such a sweet moment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful sketch! Definitely painterly. Every time I view your work, I think illustration. I know exactly what you mean about the details. I get caught up in them all the time. I'm obsessed. I'm sure there's a self group out there for me somewhere. haha

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)