Monday, November 8, 2010

Modge Podge Handpainted Jewelry Pendants


Here's the jewelry, well pendants, that I've been working on for the past few days. I am still in the "experimental" stage, trying to figure out what works best. The first few, I didn't glue down first, and they ended up floating and warping, the next few, I glued, but then the clearcoat turned a bit pink, maybe from mixing with the glue? I don't know. The glue was dry, but I can't figure out why it turned pink. The black I used on the crow, I found out later, was water soluble, that's why it turned a bit fuzzy, and the yoga pendant has a weird slash through it...don't know why that happened either. Otherwise, it's a fun change of scenery, and hopefully they'll sell at the Art's and Crafts Fair. If I get the process down, I may even open an Etsy Shop.
Cheers, m'dears.

1 comment:

  1. These are fantastic. I design jewelry as well, but I have never thought of mini paintings. (Of course, I'm no painter. It's probably about the only art form I have yet to explore really.)

    I certainly think this is somethign you should consider getting the hang of. I don't know anyone who does this and that's usually a good sign that you have a good idea in your pocket. Keep it up and let me know if you do get that etsy account. :)

    Here's a link to my blog where you can see a few of my own jewelry designs. I'm working mostly with sterling silver at the moment:
    http://whosyoureditor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)