Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Maui Treasures

Maui Treasures -- sketcbook project

Hmmm...the scan doesn't really do this one justice, but oh well...I took the reference photo for this last winter in Maui. It was the quintessential little boy picture. They were gathering shells and mussels from the lava outcropping at Baby Beach in Paia. We love going to this beach because it's great for kids. The lava creates a natural breakwater, which shelters the little bay from the big waves, and the water is so warm. I'm also using this as a value study for my next painting.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely sketches, you're moving along fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this sketch! You really do the human form very well. Your sketches could be illustration for a book. Very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)