Sunday, October 17, 2010

These Old Shoes

These Old Shoes--Sketchbook Project

Some more shoes....they're fun to draw. Blank ballpoint with some blue details. They took about three hours. Funny, I have patience to work on a sketchbook picture that long, but a big painting on canvas? Not so much, lol! I suppose there's always a feeling that the canvases are serious, too dear. No room for error. Do we get too attached? Afraid to make mistakes? I don't find much joy in painting lately, but this sketchbook project is helping me find joy in art again. 

9 comments:

  1. Love your drawing - and the you comment made me laugh!
    When my comfy shoes get just too stinky to wear, I put them in the washing machine and give them a wash. I figure that, by then, I have nothing to loose and lots to gain! (And you would still have the sketch...!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing details on the shoes, superb work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about sketchbooks..addictive! Love your drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great drawing. Let me know if you find something to remove the stink. My summer sandals are ready for the trash.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny and cute drawing! I just completed a drawing of a pair of shoes in ballpoint that took me about ten hours to complete, but I know what you mean. I don't have patience for even thirty minutes with water color these days....

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're sketchers, aren't they!? Mine did the same thing!! Excellent sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everybody, as usual, for your great comments.
    Marancat, you're right...and I've done it. I had to throw away a different pair of stinky Skechers on my Europe trip last year. Nowhere to wash them, and they were suffocating my hostelmates! I'm sad I didn't even get to draw them...they were quite pretty...Shirley, baking soda works for a while, then the washing machine...and yes Raena, they're Skechers...I think they're just prone to stinkiness, but they just fit my feet so well!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)