Sunday, October 3, 2010

new sketch

Summertime....for the Sketchbook Project

This is a new sketch I did the other night for the Sketchbook Project. The photo isn't good, but it's better than the scan. I tried to add the touch of color, but I'm not sure how I feel about it. It's kind of clashy with the yellow-toned paper, I think. But oh well! I don't have to try to worry about pleasing anyone but myself with this one. Thanks to the facebook group Happiness Yes for the photo. It made me happy to look at it, which I really need right now, considering the state of things at home.

9 comments:

  1. Very nice job - she looks so happy! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her smile is infectious! Great job. Welcome to the EDM group! I hope you and your home are OK after the floods.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Hard to believe you only have 6 followers. Your work is great. =) I have to make myself number 7. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for your comments!

    Thanks Lynn, my home is safe, but I'm still not able to get to it, but I'll be okay. I have a big commission to work on while I'm here:)
    And Thanks again, I Am Poetry...I guess I'm not an active enough blogger to get followers, but I'm working on it:) Thanks for following! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delightful way to introduce yourself. The happiness in your drawing jumps off the page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice one! =) Great job with the hair

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to EDM! Your sketch is very happy....I like her hair and the touch of colour is just right.
    I hope you show us more as you work on your sketchbook :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to EDM! Wonderful sketch, love her hair!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)