Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Jacob for the Boys and Girls Sketcbook Project

Jacob Drawing

This is a sketch that I drew from life of my son, Jacob, while he was drawing. It looks much better the original size.  I had intended to go into a lot more detail, and there is a bit more in the original that the scan didn't pick up. But, I decided to stop. I liked the simplicity and the flow of the lines, and the look of concentration on his face. Oops, I forgot to show the tip of his tongue sticking out.  That's what he usually does when he's concentrating:)

8 comments:

  1. a beautiful and delicate drawing, with just the right linework

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, sometimes simpler is way better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness! Your art is awesome! I can't belive how sweet your words were on my blog and look what you do here! Your art is just beautiful! Thank you for finding me. I look forward to following you. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Thank you all for your kind words and comments. It means so much to me to finally have some people hanging around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful study of your son! nancy

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)