Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Basset Hound Portrait

                                             Bassett Hound Portrait -- commission study

Here's my first study for my up and coming commission for a 24" x36" painting of a Bassett Hound. I like how the drawing turned out, so I thought I'd post it for my sketch followers...His name is Snoos, (I don't know how to spell it) and he was well loved, but unfortunately passed away recently. His lovely owner is heartbroken, and wants a memoir, and I'm happy to paint him. He looks like he was a darling.

7 comments:

  1. He has a very intelligent and friendly look about him. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Such a kind, soft look !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dog, beautiful portrait =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sketch. You caught those sad eyes and floppy ears perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this painting will make his person so happy they will cry - he's lovely! nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've captured so much personality here! Wonderful sketch!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)