Thursday, April 16, 2009

Hula Girl

"Hula Girl" 9"x 12" oil on canvas

I took the photo for this one last winter in Maui at the Children's Hula in Lahaina. Although it was indoors, the light through the skylights was very dramatic, and I was able to get a lot of great shots. The sun shining today made me feel "Mauish", so I thought I'd post this painting, which I did a few weeks ago in a frenzy of creativity. I think I completed six paintings that week, all larger ones, too. I'm sure most of them will eventually end up on this blog, too.
I'm starting to feel a little like I'm coming out of the darkness of an extremely long and difficult winter. The weather is warmer, the grass is starting to come up, and I have tulips! It makes me feel like painting again, and dancing, and smiling...all that good stuff.
Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)