Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Crazy ACEO's Craze



So, I decided to try a few ACEO's, I believe it stands forArt Card Edition Collectables. My mistaken assumption was that I could whip them off fairly quickly, thereby afford to sell them for much less on ebay. Well...let's just say, that I could have finished three 6"x8" paintings in the time it took to do four of these little suckers, and the fourth is not fit to show you! It's hard to get convincing detail into a 2.5" x 3.5" little square!
My brain feels like it's going to explode!!! The good thing was, that I could work on them at the kitchen table with the kids running around, I didn't have to hide in my studio.
My poor baby girl is sick right now, though! ArRrGghhh!!! What I wouldn't give for daycare sometimes. Not when they're sick, I mean, but on other days, so I could get something done.
Any other artists out there have any experience with ACEO's?
Are they worth the time and effort? I want to paint big!! Really big, actually. My arm is starting to cramp and pretty soon I'll need reading glasses, or to paint under a magnifying glass!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)