Wednesday, September 19, 2007

More on Plastics!



This is the painting I mentioned last night, it is a study for a flamenco dancer that I hope to do a bigger painting of. It only took an hour and a half, not really a finished work, but a plan...

I'm still on this no plastic kick. Well, this is for life, this no plastic kick. I vow to not buy any more products where my food comes in contact with any dangerous plastic. Today I bought fresh cow's milk, from a farmer, and even made my own butter from the cream that was on it. It's so easy!!! It only took about ten minutes...Voila...butter. Add a little salt and it tastes perfect. Anyways, I'm rambling. I'm furious because today I found out the sippy cup that I've been giving my daughter for the last year, has PVC in it, a totally toxic plastic, and a water jug I've been using for probably a year has it as well. I got this info from a site called www.pcvfree.org.

PVC - The Poison Plastic

PVC (polyvinyl chloride) plastic, commonly referred to as vinyl, is one of the most hazardous consumer products ever created. PVC is dangerous to human health and the environment throughout its entire life cycle, at the factory, in our homes, and in the trash. Our bodies are contaminated with poisonous chemicals released during the PVC lifecycle, such as mercury, dioxins, and phthalates, which may pose irreversible life-long health threats. When produced or burned, PVC plastic releases dioxins, a group of the most potent synthetic chemicals ever tested, which can cause cancer and harm the immune and reproductive systems.
Why are the companies out there allowed to sell this stuff?!! It blows my mind! I've been unwittingly poisoning my family and it's almost impossible to avoid. It should be illegal to sell this stuff...I mean, they're killing babies and they don't even care! I feel like yelling and screaming and lawsuits! But what can we, the public do? Just protect ourselves. I'm only using glass, and wax paper and paper bags now. So what for the inconvenience. Now that I know, now that I have the information, how could I possibly keep on giving these things to my family. I hope everybody on the planet figures this out, and gets this information, and decides to not buy plastic anymore. www.pcvfree.org has a petition you can sign to send Target stores, as a plea to get them to phase out PVC. Many stores, such as Wal-mart, Toyota, Nike and Victoria's Secret have already made this promise, but Target is lagging behind. I signed it, I hope everybody that reads this post will,too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)