Wednesday, September 12, 2007

In the Shadow of Greatness


In the Shadow of Greatness ~ 6" x 8" original oil on canvas panel $60.00







Someone forwarded this to me the other day. It made me smile, and it is so true.

Before I was a Mom I never learned the words to a lullaby.
I never thought about immunizations.
Before I was a Mom I had never been:
Puked on.
Pooped on.
Drooled on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
I slept all night.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple little grin.
I never sat up for hours watching a baby sleep.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew that something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.

I never knew I would love being a Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! Tell me what you think:)